[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Apr 16 12:05:40 EDT 2004

> Could you provide your source for the modified module somewhere?

 Certainly, I'm going to look over it this weekend to clean
it up a bit and look at adding external config files for
the button to keypress mapping.

> Also, I think that the idea of using a config file for the module would be
> a great idea.  So, you said that you just modified the ati_remote.o module
> to support your remote?  Cool...

 Yup, different product id, and the data was offset by 1 from the ati,
but it didn't take much to get it to work. All the heavy lifting had
alreayd been done by the author, I just "tweaked" it a bit.

 Following along with the use of an external config file , and depending
on how ambitious I get I might make it a "universal" x10 usb transciever
module and you can define in the config file the productID , a name and
the data offset in cases where It doesn't fall into one of the already
supported types. That way it can be made to support most any x10 remote
and those id's and offsets can be fed back into the actual code later on.