[mythtv-users] Echo on TV Sound

Christian Fridgen mythtv at fridgen.de
Fri Apr 16 00:41:14 EDT 2004

Hello,
finally i switched my sound output from the crappy debugging
mini-pc-speaker to some good speakers to check sound quality and
discoverd a 'inverse' echo when watching TV.
I hear the live TV sound at a very low volume and with about 2s Delay
the normal sound matching the picture in normal volume.
How can i get rid of this noise. I tried muting the line-in, but when i
do that i also loose normal sound after this two seconds delay.
I switched to ALSA some time ago, as my MSI board with an Intel ICH5
chipset with CMI chip, using AC97 Codec was not able to do volume
control for PCM with OSS (it also isnt able todo this with ALSA too).
Currently I'm using line out, but i will try SPDIFF very soon to, just
don't have a decoder here at the moment, so i cant try whether this will
be gone then...but I doubt it.
Can anyone tell me how to set up alsamixer to remove this echo or can
this be set somewhere in Mythtv to do no live-output from line-in? There
are plenty of different channels to set, but excpet main, line-in and
IEC958 Capture none of them seems to do anything.
BTW; now as I know there is this echo, I can even use the crappy boxes
again and hear it, it was just to low volume to recognize this before.

Christian