[mythtv-users] Trying to get tv_grab_na_dd

Pierre Diversé chong at prtc.net
Fri Apr 16 00:03:06 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Orenstein" <ho_9 at hotmail.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Trying to get tv_grab_na_dd

> >From: Pierre Diversé <chong at prtc.net>
> >To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >Subject: [mythtv-users] Trying to get tv_grab_na_dd
> >Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:09:36 -0400
> >
> >Ok so I got the CVS version of mythtv running, but I still have problems
> >with all the shows being off by one hour.  Since I'm in Puerto Rico there
> >is
> >no daylight savings time here so the database should not be shifted.  I
> >could no get the XMLTV offset in mythtv version 14 to work, it just would
> >not do anything.  So my question now is, can I use tv_grab_na_dd with the
> >mythfilldatabase in mythtv 15?  If so how do I get to use tv_grab_na_dd
> >instead of tv_grab_na?
> >
> >Just in case
> >
> >Gentoo
> >kernel 2.6.5-mm1
> >i686 mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M 1400+ AuthenticAMD
> >mythtv-0.15 from CVS
> >xmltv-0.5.31
> >Clock is set to utc and the timezone in Gentoo is set to Puerto_Rico,
date
> >command shows correct time for both.
> >

> >Thanks in advace,
> >
> >Pierre Diversé

> Current CVS has been patched to support tv_grab_na_dd.  You would
> need to re-run setup to select tv_grab_na_dd as your grabber and then
> go through the configuration to set your userid, password, timezone and
> lineup.  Works fine for me (in EDT) but I'll have to reset the offset in 6
> months (guess you are better off with no DST).
>

> -- Harry O.

> Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN
> Premium!

Ok I think I'm missing a step here.  When I run setup I'm not offered
anywhere a place to select tv_grab_na_dd as my grabber.  Am I supposed to
edit a flag somewhere in the makefiles? Only tv_grab_na is offered, it never
asks for my userid or password.  Just in case I have upgraded xmltv tp
0.5.32 from the xmltv website,  updated my CVS copy of Mythtv 0.15 and
rebuilt mythtv

Any pointers to a solution are welcomed...

Thanks in advance,

Pierre Diversé