[mythtv-users] MythRadio module for DVB radio reception

Bill Coghill bill at bcd.cx
Thu Apr 15 03:06:29 EDT 2004

(sorry about top posting - bloody M$ tosh at work)

I have yet to find a good source on-line (at least in Australia) of
listings for Radio to allow for a grabber to put meaningful content into
the scheduler.

With regard to video etc I find it odd that STBs can display a 'holding
slide' yet there is no video along with the stream - is there a magic
PID with this (essentially visual) info ?  If we could capture this
image as a png (or similar) and use it as a visual clue to the current
station while playing it instead of running a visualisation engine
(although I'd like to see comedy visualised) - might be able to use the
MythMusic framework with the station slide shown instead of the cover
art.

Just letting my mind wander over the possibilities...

Bill.