[mythtv-users] "Videos" Play too fast and choppy

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Thu Apr 15 02:00:37 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have a twin PVR-250 system in a 512MB/Athlon XP 2000+/MSI K7N2GL
system. Recordings made with the PVR-250s playback just fine. However,
if I transcode to mpeg4, they playback too fast (video and audio) and
very choppy when there is a lot of motion on the screen. I transcode at
the same bitrate as the capture (2200 most of the time).

If I copy a plain ole avi (DivX codec) from my windows box and play it
from the "Videos" function, it also plays too fast.

Anyone have any clue where to start? Let me know if you need more info
about my system...

Thanks,

Eric