[mythtv-users] Menu, Select & Record Buttons

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed Apr 14 16:35:38 EDT 2004

Short answer: wait for .15

seth wrote:

>one small issue i have =).  the 'menu' button while watching live tv, this
>is not intuitive to me.

In .15 "menu" should bring up the OSD menu.  The show guide button
brings up the EPG.

>for me, i'm watching tv, i hit the 'menu' button so
>i can see what's on and what's going to be on.  i find a channel i like i
>hit 'enter' to go to that channel.

It .15 there's an option so that "select" changes the channel while
viewing the EPG and watching live TV.  If you're using the EPG to
schedule a recording, "select" will bring up the recording menu.

>am i alone?

No you're not alone, that's why I wrote the patch to allow select to
change the channel in the EPG.