[mythtv-users] Native Linux games on MythTV

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 13:08:15 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 10:50, Paul W. Smith wrote:
> I've reworked the config files a bit and managed to change the
> Mythgame item so that it plays Frozen-Bubble instead of xmame.  This
> game works really well with my  standard Hauppauge remote, so it's a
> natural fit.  I can post my config files if anybody wants them...
>
> Has anyone else played around with doing this?  As easy as it is to
> modify the MythTV XML menus, I don't see any reason why you can't
> have a whole section of Linux-native games available to play.  If I
> can ever get my OpenGL working properly on this M10000 MB, Chromium
> B.S.U. would be another good one!

No need to modify the menus... MythGame has support for native games.
Just set up the ~/.mythtv/games.xml file.  Here's one for TuxRacer:

<gamelist>
   <game>
      <name>Tux Racer</name>
      <command>/usr/bin/tuxracer</command>
      <genre>Race Course</genre>
      <year>1999</year>
   </game>
</gamelist>

This will cause "Tux Racer" to show up in MythGame under the "PC"
system.

-JAC