[mythtv-users] Video Glitches

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Wed Apr 14 10:57:40 EDT 2004

I am experiencing the occasional Video Glitch on my Mythtv set up.  It
is almost like a video echo of a prior moment of the video for 1/10th of
a second then it returns to normal.  The audio isn't affected.

I Installed using Jarod's How-To at
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php. on Fedora

If it matters, my hardware is a emachine
<http://www.emachines.com/support/support_info.html?prodName=T2865>
T2865 (that I picked up for $100, sweet!) with

FIC AU31 MotherBoard
<http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/au31.htm>  with
onboard everything

2.2 GHz Athlon XP

512 Meg DDR SDRAM

160 Gig HD

Single Retail PVR-250

I already checked that the Hard Drive is using DMA

[root at localhost root]# hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:

 multcount    = 16 (on)

 IO_support   =  1 (32-bit)

 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)

 using_dma    =  1 (on)

 keepsettings =  0 (off)

 readonly     =  0 (off)

 readahead    =  8 (on)

 geometry     = 19457/255/63, sectors = 312581808, start = 0

I appreciate any help that can be offered!