[mythtv-users] Channel Editor (was: Nebula DVB-T card, working but no sound (long))

Andy Loukes andy at loukes.com
Wed Apr 14 10:03:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 12:23, Rob Willett wrote:
> > I find the MythTV DVB channel interface to be painful at best and when you
> > need to make a change it's a real ache. Your opionion of course may differ.
>
> What excactly is wrong, does it take a long time to find the channel in the
> list? Push enter to times to get to the first DVB screen? Press down/up to
> get to the right box? And one more: What would you suggest that would make it
> easier to use?

There are several scripts around that take the data from scan and put it
into the database. I couldn't get anything to work very well, and ended up
using the channel editor. But it does seem a little silly to have to copy
data from one file and enter it into boxes in a a user interface.

Wouldn't it be better to have a scan facility in MythTV and automate the
whole process?

--
Andy Loukes
http://www.loukes.com/andy