[mythtv-users] Myth box DONE

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Wed Apr 14 09:10:02 EDT 2004

Okay, after fighting with that stupid STB card for way to long I just
went out and get a PVR-350. I'm not using the TV out function but I
figured I'd get it in case I decided to.

That went MUCH better.

So my final setup is a KM2M motherboard with Athlon 2000 XP processor, I
went back to the onboard sound and pulled out the SB Live card. I'm
using the PVR-350 and a GeForce 3 (again, not using the TV-Out)

It's got 256megs of 100mhz SDRam forcing me to run the processor at
100Mhz FSB, so I'm not getting the full output of my processor.

I think I'm going to leave it like that for a while. I may throw the STB
card back in the box but only to record FM radio shows like I used to.

Eventually I want to get an Epia-M board and netboot it off the server
and stick that in the bedroom (fanless, no hard drive with the netboot,
talk about QUIET)

I'm very happy with the PVR-350 card.

Oh, and I'm using the OSS modules, not ALSA.

Thanks for all your help guys.. To bad I couldn't get that damn STB card
working.. At least the quality on the PVR-350 card is MUCH better.