[mythtv-users] Can't add capture card

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Tue Apr 13 15:36:00 EDT 2004

In mythsetup menu option #2 (Capture Cards), when I hit spacebar on "New
Capture Card" I get a screen flash -- like it's putting the configuration
screen up -- but then it immediately jumps back to the capture card screen
and adds a /dev/video0 entry.

Repeated attempts result in repeated /dev/video0 entries, but I can't
configure any of them, nor can I add a /dev/video1 (I have two Hauppuage
250s).

I've searched the list and the docs and can't see that anyone else has had
this problem.

What's more, I've gotten cards set up properly before, and I don't think
I've changed anything since then.

Any ideas?

---