[mythtv-users] disabling unused parts

ginster at charter.net ginster at charter.net
Tue Apr 13 14:44:16 EDT 2004

Hello All,

This is my first post and I've searched through the archives, but was
unable to find an answer to my question.  So here goes:

I've been looking for a good player for music files.  I want to build a box
that will basically just be a jukebox for mp3s.  So I looked around at the
different distributions and such that do this and MythTV was the only one
that perfectly matches what I'm looking for.  The only problem is I'm not
interested in the TV aspects of it.  I know this is the whole point to
MythTV so I hope I don't start a flame war.  But I've been having troubles
getting it up and running (I've been following the Fedora Myth(TV)ology
HOWTO) and suspect that my problems might be because I can't get it setup
without a capture card.  I have an old $30 one that I suppose I can install
just to get past the setup, but I was wondering if there was a way to
disable all the TV related functionality.  As far as I can tell I don't
even need MySQL, but unless I'm doing something wrong, MythTV has a problem
running w/o one.

Any advice on how to disable certain parts of MythTV?  Or should I just
install a capture card, go through the entire setup, and ignore the parts
I'm not interested in?

Thanks!

matt.