[mythtv-users] Menu, Select & Record Buttons

seth caver at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 11:17:33 EDT 2004

i just want to preface this so that it's not misunderstood.  i love mythtv,
it's awesome.  i use it everyday, the wife uses it everyday, my 3 year old
son uses it everyday.  i have 60gigs of heavily compressed spongebob
squarepants episodes that all of us are grateful for everyday.

one small issue i have =).  the 'menu' button while watching live tv, this
is not intuitive to me.  for me, i'm watching tv, i hit the 'menu' button so
i can see what's on and what's going to be on.  i find a channel i like i
hit 'enter' to go to that channel.  oops, 'enter' goes to the record menu.
why doesn't 'record' go to the record menu from the tv guide and 'enter' go
to the channel?

what is better, for me at least, 'menu' goes to the tv guide from live tv.
'menu' then goes back to the channel you were watching before you went to
the guide, 'enter' goes to the channel you have selected, 'record' goes to
the record menu for the selected show.

of course, maybe currently the live tv guide and the record shows guide are
one in the same and that is why the buttons work the way they do?

am i alone?