[mythtv-users] Tuning Problem with Myth/WinTV-350

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 13 09:01:17 EDT 2004

My Cable Co. thinks it's a good practice to cram as much channels into
the cable as possible, and then having you pay the extra 'service'. This
leads to some very odd finetuning numbers, e.g.:
Name Channel Finetuning
BRT1   E16        0
Yorin  37       -50
NET5   47        32
BBCWorld 62     -90

Now this leads to two problems: First, the finetuning values I obtained
from the Hauppauge WinTV-350 Windows firmware do not match the linux
ones. Especially the minus ones. Secondly, the chanel E16 doesn't exist
in my frequency table (europe_west).

So there are a few channels I just cannot find in Myth. Is there an easy
way to finetune these channels? Any tips&tricks?