[mythtv-users] Advice sought on 3 hardware questions (DVB-Trelated)

Andrew Jamieson andrewjamieson at d1.com.au
Tue Apr 13 00:47:00 EDT 2004

[Sorry to top post; it's a long way down to the bottom :) ]

(1)    The VisionPlus is a nice card (see below).
(2)    You don't need a hardware based MPEG2 decoder - you can decode the
stream quite happily in software - so you don't need a 350 for the output.
Any Athlon based processor will handle a SD stream without breaking a sweat;
especially if you enable XvMC.  Underclocking shouldnt be a problem unless
you're dealing with HD streams - and there are other problems to worry about
there.
(3)    Dunno.  I personally don't know of any DVB-T cards that accept CAMs
(but that may be my parochialism coming out :)