[mythtv-users] transcoder locks system?

Andy Swain andy at stygian.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 18:01:25 EDT 2004

I have a Athlon KnoppMyth system with a PVR250 and its great
only problem is it locks up a lot (every 5-10 minutes) if I do any kind
of transcoding
The machine is totally locked - no ctrl-alt-f1, no ssh or web access. So
it must be a driver problem I think?
most likely seems the graphics card (nvidia tnt2 ultra running TV out)
or the Mobo onboard Lan but transcoding shouldn't really use either of
these and the box is stable as long as I don't transcode. Any ideas
where to look? is nothing in the front or back end logs, or
var/log/messages. What other driver could it be and how can I track it
down if theres nothing in any log files?

cheers

Andy Swain