[mythtv-users] Newbie Question : Hardware Requirements

Radek zark73 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 17:11:25 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering if I even should waste time to try get
it [MythTV] working with a machine that I have. Here
the specs:

PII 600Mhz (overclocked to 677) on a ASUS Mobo (can't
rememver the model)
2 x 40Gig HD's
PC100 or 133 - 756MB SDRAM (3 x 256MB sticks)
PCI ATI Rage video card 8MB or 16MB
52xCD Rom
FDD...

I know I need some kind of TV card with SVideo out to
hook it up to my TV and possibly a new Video card.

What do you guys think, should I even give it a try or
just get a cheap AMD or Intel P4 machine for $200-300
bux ???

Any tips, suggestions or hints would be great, TIA.
- Radek