[mythtv-users] Myth w/Directv

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 16:46:20 EDT 2004

> I have an DRD303RA. It has a regular phone-line jack, a 9-pin
> low speed data port, and a 15-pin high speed data port. It
> appears I need the i/r transmitter.
>
> There is also a hole, as if for a headphone-type jack, marked
> "remote". The manual doesn't have any info on it. I'll ignore
> this for now.

You have the easiest kind of serial connection. The 9 pin should just
require a standard serial cable to connect to your computer. I dont have one
of that model but you will probably need to set a menu option to "low speed
data" to enable the port. The hole marked remote is for a i/r emitter
(blaster) that will allow your reciever to control things like a vcr or tv
directly.