[mythtv-users] Myth w/Directv

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Mon Apr 12 07:41:13 EDT 2004

Correction:
My Sony receiver uses a plain old 9 pin serial port for the data port.
You are looking for a port that says "Low speed Data Port". If it's not
there, then you need the ir blaster.

And to answer Tom's question: Think of it like this, the frontend is
used to WATCH the signal, the backend CAPTURES it. So, if you are
running the frontend and backend on separate boxes, the backend gets the
capture card, and the serial cable that both hook up to the receiver.
Then the frontend gets the TV out, and hooks to the TV.