[mythtv-users] Almost there.. PVR 350 w/ X TV OUT Problem. (Fixed)

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 12 06:16:10 EDT 2004

Am Mo, den 12.04.2004 schrieb rick-myth at perlmonkey.org um 2:55:
> Hmm Well after I finished building KDE, I figured maybe the framebuffer
> did get clogged with some screwy setup in all my testing so I just
> rebooted, and X is coming up correctly (Except for it being bigger than
> the screen, but i'm positive I saw that fix in the archives :P), so it
> looks like you were right after all.. Thanks a ton.

Well, there's no "fix" for the X screen being bigger than the TV
screen's visible area because that's teh way it's supposed to be. The TV
is meant to be used as such, to watch video content. That's what the
pvr350 is optimised for. That's called overscan. The tv picture is
larger than the screen to cut of a portion of the picture which might be
distorted, carry close dcaption information etc. and avoid black frames
around the picture.

The "fix" is to set the gui size to some smaller size and recenter on
the visible area. Look at my sig. In the walkthrough you'll find
something about it somewhere at the end.

Please don't try to readjust the modelines or such. That'l fix the
screen bigger than visible area problem but at the cost of having no
picture at all :-)

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough