[mythtv-users] ALSA and SPDIF Out For nForce2 Motherboards

Derek Watson Derek.Watson at intergen.co.nz
Sun Apr 11 22:52:23 EDT 2004

Thanks Mike... much clearer :-)

I now get audio output via SPDIF using ALSA:digital, but have terrible
sync and jitter problems when doing so. I get a constant stream of
"Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" messages and the video stops
and starts every 1-2 seconds. The audio actually sounds mostly ok, it's
continuous except for occasional hiccups, but is way out of sync with
the video.

I've seen a number of posts about ALSA problems, and wonder if it's just
another example and if anyone has overcome these issues?

Derek.