[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-350 and X TV-Out??

rick-myth at perlmonkey.org rick-myth at perlmonkey.org
Sun Apr 11 16:35:49 EDT 2004

DOH! I just posted to the list asking this question saying how I can't
find anyone else w/ this problem.. oh well.. I'll be taking my foot out of
my mouth now.....

 Has there been any solution found?

Brian wrote:

 A couple of weeks ago there was a posting:

"I have gotten to the point where I can kind of get X up on the TV...but the
screen is all messed up...
I cannot actually see the login textbox when I log in...just the fedora
background (part of it).once I do log in..the windows are 'duplicated'
horizontally over the screen.

I suspect I have a v-sync/h-sync issue...anyone else have this with the
XF86Config based off of Jarods?? "

I am running into the same problem. I am able to display the test pattern
on the TV. I am able to run 'dd' on the tv. When I restart X with the
XF86Config I see what looks like it might be the login screen. Its actually
the Fedora Core logo 3 times across the screen and no login box. If I login
blind, I can see the X desktop but only the top left quarter of the screen
and its repeated 3 times across the width of the television. I'm using
Jarod's XF86Config, PVR-350 and NTSC TV (composite connection). Has anyone
run into the same issue and solved this?

Thanks,

Brian