[mythtv-users] PVR350 Channel Scanning, Frequency Table and Such In Singapore

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 11:30:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

Kenneth Ljungh wrote:

> Chua KianTeck wrote:
>
>> invalid value for input: television
>> valid choices for "input": "Composite 0", "Composite 1", "Composite
>> 2", "Composite 3", "Tuner 0", "Composite 4", "S-Video 0", "S-Video
>> 1", "S-Video 2", "S-Video 3"
>>

> I haven't used scan myself but this seems to be a problem. Tuner 0
> should be the input source. There's a perl script ptune.pl in
> ivtv/utils you can use to set channels if you want to give it a try.

My problem is more of not knowing the frequencies each channel used.
That's why I'm using scantv for tuning and also as a means to ensure
that I've got my settings for mythtv correct up to this point.

As can be seen from my original post, I did not tell scantv to use
"television" as the input.  It (scantv) just splits it out by itself -
unless it's taken from somewhere that I'm not aware of.

Regards
KianTeck