[mythtv-users] ATI All-in-Wonder or Nvidia Personal Cinema?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 01:51:03 EDT 2004

The ATI All-In-Wonder cards will NOT work with MythTV
(this has been discussed to death many times).  The
AIW cards are not V4L compatible, so MythTV can't use
it.  Plus, the 9600 uses the Rage Theater 200 chip,
for which there aren't even Linux drivers available.

As for the nVidia Personal Cinema...  I don't really
know anything about this card, but I would suspect
that  the answer is also no.  I know that the nVidia
drivers for Linux support 3D and TV-Out, but I don't
think that they support either input connectors or
remote control adaptors.

If you want an AGP card that will work with MythTV,
the only one I can think of off the top of my head is
a Matrox G400 with built in tuner (whatever the model
name of that card is).

-- Joe