[mythtv-users] LIRC remote as mouse?

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 23:30:33 EDT 2004

You know what? Maybe this is the wrong forum for this thread.
I have been leaning on you guys for so much that perhaps I have asked a
question that is beyond the realm of MythTV.
So far as I know, tho, no one knows this stuff better than the MythTV
list.
If I should look elsewhere, then I am sure that someone on this list
knows where I should go.

Really, all I want to do is unplug the mouse and use the remote to fire
up MythTV!!!
Sure, I can set it up to automagically load MythFrontEnd, but there are
times when I just do not want that to happen.
My MythBox is also my Apache server, Samba server, Pure-FTP server,
HylaFAX server, etc.
Firing up mythfrontend is not quite a primary concern for this box.
It wears many hats.