[mythtv-users] xmltv lists for Mexico

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 10 19:08:45 EDT 2004

rtavera at tutopia.com wrote:

>Does anybody know any source(s) for xmltv listings for Mexico?

MythTV uses the XMLTV program, as distributed from
http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/ , for its listings.  The XMLTV site
says:

At present there are backends grabbing TV listings for *Canada*, the
*USA*, the *UK*, *Germany*, *Austria*, *Finland*, *New Zealand*,
*Spain*, *Italy*, the *Netherlands*, *Hungary*, *Denmark*, *Japan*,
*Sweden*, and *France*.

So, I'm sorry to say, there is no (officially supported) grabber for
Mexico.  The people working on the XMLTV project are the ones most
likely to be able to inform you of any grabbers in development for
Mexico.  Therefore, I suggest posting your question on the XMLTV users
list at http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=39046 .  If no one is
currently working on a grabber, and if the program information exists
somewhere on the web, you might even want to volunteer to develop a new
grabber for them.

 > The MythTV docs says that I have to input my zip code to get the proper
 > listings, but if I'm outside north america, I have to do some interaction
 > manually, How is this done?

That means you would manually configure XMLTV for your region by issuing
a command such as tv_grab_nz --configure and answering the questions
presented.

Mike