[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit Audio Problems

Dave Stocker backwardscamel at slackcrew.com
Sat Apr 10 16:15:26 EDT 2004

Hello,

Been searching through the archives and seen mention of this same
hardware but nothing has seemed to make a difference yet. I am using an
Asus Pundit with an Asus TV FM card and have a couple problems with the
onboard audio (SIS SI7012, chip reports as Realtek ALC650 rev 2).

The audio out from the TV card is hooked into the motherboard's CD-in
jack. I have muted the CD-IN under ALSA and set it to be CAPTUR. When
watching live TV or a recording from live TV the audio is filled with
static/interference. I can faintly hear the actual audio from the
channel if I turn the volume way up on the receiver.Using xawtv and
aplay /dev/dsp seems to work fine. Another topic said this problem can
be caused if the soundcard is not full duplex. Searching for specs on
this card, some say it is and some say it isn't. Does anyone know for
sure?

The second problem is that I can't seem to get the card to output in
5.1. I have the Optical SPDIF output hooked into a receiver and the
receiver only seems to detect 2 channels no matter what options I set in
myth or for the dvd player (tried both xine and mplayer). Could be some
ALSA configuration options I am missing. I have never played with 5.1
through a computer before.

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did search the archives
first. These may be more ALSA issues then myth TV issues but I figured I
would post here as there seem to be more Pundit users here.

Any help is appreciated.