[mythtv-users] RE: Mythtv on an S-ATA box (help!!)

Steve Dorsey steve at dorseygraphics.com
Sat Apr 10 13:15:11 EDT 2004

I had a very similar problem in that I had a box with 2 S-ATA 120GB
drives and I could not boot from the RHFC1 CDs to install.

   I had to re-purpose another 120GB drive from my other PC and use it
to install RedHat. I then RAIDed the 2 S-ATA drives together (that was
a LOT of fin!!) for use with video capture and buffering. I used an
iWill IS-150-R S-ATA card I got at Fry's for about $30. Everything
works well, and now I use the 120GB ATA drive fir the OS as well as
music and .avi files.