Fwd: FW: [mythtv-users] Capture ok, no live tv

Peter Martens peter.martens at home.nl
Thu Apr 8 17:58:23 EDT 2004

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] Namens Joseph A. Caputo
Verzonden: donderdag 8 april 2004 22:17
Aan: Discussion about mythtv
Onderwerp: Re: Fwd: FW: [mythtv-users] Capture ok, no live tv

On Thursday 08 April 2004 13:54, Peter Martens wrote:
> > No, you have a PVR-250, so it doesn't need access to the audio
> > device to
>
> capture, as the capture card muxes the audio into the MPEG stream.
>
> > However, you do need to open the audio device to do playback.  When
> > you
>
> say "audio works fine with everything else", does that include playing
> back a > > previously recorded show in Myth?  If that works OK, then
> you have a different problem.
>
> > Try this:  run mythfrontend from a terminal and try LiveTV.  Then
> > take a
>
> look at the terminal and see if mythfrontend prints any interesting
> diagnostic > messages...
>
> > -JAC
>
> __
>
> I do have the same problem. Havent found an answer yet. (see my post
> from yesterday) LiveTV gives me a black screen (Output: Remote encoder
> could not be
> selected) and there is no sound when I try to record something with
> Myth. I do have sound when playing audio CD or DVD...

The "Remote encoder" message is bad, as I've said before.  You've got
something seriously mis-configured.

> When I try to capture audio through cat it works after setting
> test_ioctl.... When I start Mythfrontend it seems to alter those
> settings!!! Capture with audio is only possible after setting
> test_ioctl again.

The "test" in "test_ioctl" implies just that... it's a tool for testing/
playing with your ivtv-driven card.  You *shouldn't* need to use it with a
working Myth setup (except in rare cases), as Myth manipuates all the ioctls
for you.

> Apperently there are more people suffering this problem. Does someone
> knows an answer???

> I do not think that the two of you have the same problem.

> Peter, to diagnose your problem, try the following:

> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

>  This should give you a mysql prompt.  Please send the output of the
following (don't forget the semi-colon at > the end of the line!)

> mysql> select * from capturecard ;
> mysql> select * from videosource ;
> mysql> select * from cardinput ;

>  -JAC

Here are the outputs. I used another program to generate these mysql-data.(I
dont know how to get the output to a text file...). But results are the
same. This is how I configured my myth.
I did try to give the computer a fied IP, also no succes.
What I really don't understand is rhe fact I have to change, in order to
make a capture with sound, the test_ioctl -v input from 3 to 2. This setting
i cant make in mythtvsetup however...

I studied the X-term output mythbackend is giving me. It says something like
can 't connect to QSocketDevice. I don't know what that means but it can be
the problem why I can't watch Live TV!

Thank you very much for helping me this way. Makes the world definitly look
like a better place.

Greets

Peter

Output from capturecard

         cardid
videodevice
audiodevice
vbidevice                        cardtype                    defaultinput
audioratelimit
hostname   dvb_swfilter   dvb_recordts
dvb_sat_typedvb_wait_for_seqstartdvb_dmx_buf_sizedvb_pkt_buf_size
              1
/dev/video0
/dev/dsp
/dev/vbi                            MPEG                         Tuner 0
0
FedoraCore              0              0              0                    1
8.192           8.192

Output from cardinput

    cardinputid         cardid       sourceid
inputname
externalcommand     preferenceshareabletunechanstartchan
              1              1              1                         Tuner
0
N                1

Output from videosource

       sourceid