Fwd: FW: [mythtv-users] Capture ok, no live tv

Peter Martens peter.martens at home.nl
Thu Apr 8 13:54:09 EDT 2004

> No, you have a PVR-250, so it doesn't need access to the audio device to
capture, as the capture card muxes the audio into the MPEG stream.
> However, you do need to open the audio device to do playback.  When you
say "audio works fine with everything else", does that include playing back
a > > previously recorded show in Myth?  If that works OK, then you have a
different problem.

> Try this:  run mythfrontend from a terminal and try LiveTV.  Then take a
look at the terminal and see if mythfrontend prints any interesting
diagnostic > messages...

> -JAC
__

I do have the same problem. Havent found an answer yet. (see my post from
yesterday)
LiveTV gives me a black screen (Output: Remote encoder could not be
selected) and there is no sound when I try to record something with Myth. I
do have sound when playing audio CD or DVD...

When I try to capture audio through cat it works after setting
test_ioctl.... When I start Mythfrontend it seems to alter those settings!!!
Capture with audio is only possible after setting test_ioctl again.

Apperently there are more people suffering this problem. Does someone knows
an answer???

Greetings

Peter