[mythtv-users] PPV script, etc.

Paul W. Smith cvpsmith at ncche.olemiss.edu
Thu Apr 8 10:57:57 EDT 2004

I'm about 95% finished with my MythTV setup on an M10000/PVR250/Gentoo system.
Maybe someone could help me with a couple of minor issues:

I downloaded the ppv.pl script from Tarek's site, and it appears to work.
However, when it finishes, I still have no PPV listings in the channel guide!
Has anyone ever experienced this?

My system is also very slow to change channels (30-60 sec.), although this
could at least partly be due to the fact that I'm using a serial cable to a
DirecTV box to change the channel.  I've heard others talk about switching to
CVS in order to resolve this issue.  Is the CVS version stable?  I'm
currently running .14 and I may upgrade, but I don't want to break anything
else.  I know there are no guarantees with CVS code (or ANY MythTV code, for
that matter), but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has run into issues with
upgrading from .14 to CVS.

My EPIA M10000 MB is actually outputting sound from the LINE-IN jack.
Apparently, the machine is in the "6 Speaker Surround Sound" mode that I've
read about where all three jacks are used as output.  My question is this:
how do you adjust/change this?  Is it in the mixer (I'm using ALSA as the
sound system)?  Or is this some sort of BIOS/jumper setting that I'm not
aware of?  I've looked through the MB manual, but I see no mention of this...

TIA

Paul

PS.  This is my first post to the list, and I just want to say that MythTV is
AWESOME!