[mythtv-users] OFF TOPIC: List subscription help?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 7 18:52:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:53:34AM -0700, Isaac Force top-posted (grr):
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 10:47 AM -??00, Vernon Graner wrote:
> > I know, I hate to send these type msgs, but I've got a puzzle I need some
> > help figuring out. I am subscribed to this list *twice* and I can't
> > figure out what email address is the second one used!
>
> View the message headers and look for 'X-RCPT-TO: <your at email.com>'

I don't know what MTA adds that to the header, but I know it isn't qmail
(you'd look for "Delivered-To:" lines instead).  In general, though,
software (MTA or otherwise, such as procmail) that forwards mail from one
address to another or alters the address on the way through should leave
some sort of evidence of its having munged the address.  That info will be
in the header.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter