[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-out distorted

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Apr 7 12:17:58 EDT 2004

HI!

I have used the NVidia TV-out until now and wanted to switch to the
PVR-350 TV-out. I think, I followed Jarod's guide correctly.

The test picture comes out OK from the PVR-350, but if I play MPEG
(either with the dd command directly from /dev/video0 or with MythTV),
the output is totally distorted. You can guess, that it's a TV picture,
but it's teared in multiple directions. Looks like you feed a monitor
with the wrong frequency, but that can't be, because my TV is able to
display PAL and NTSC.

I am using ivtv 0.1.9 and I have not yet switched X to the PVR-350.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks!

Thomas