[mythtv-users] current status of HDTV patches

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Apr 7 12:00:54 EDT 2004

I read somewhere (it was either this forum or the pcHDTV forum) that in
order for mythfrontend to effectively use the CPU to do the decoding
(since XvMC is disabled) it might be necessary to bump up the priority
of the process.  This actually helped me a bit:
# nice --10 mythfrontend

One gotcha though is that running mythfrontend as root, you end up
reading root's configuration files for mplayer/xine/etc...

--
John Sturgeon <><