[mythtv-users] mythtv corrupts my ivtv and vx settings???

peter.martens at home.nl peter.martens at home.nl
Wed Apr 7 10:09:42 EDT 2004

Hello,

Earlier I posted my problem here, but no reply... Maybe I wasn't clear enough?
Problem:
Video capture works ok when I am capturing via cat. I get good looking video and audio (after setting things with test_ioctl -> had to change test_ioctl -v input=3 to input=2, otherwise audio wouldn't work). When I start mythfrontend however, all these settings seem lost. Audio is gone and VxHue=-8 (I did set it through sisctrl to 0!!!). When I try LiveTV the screen gets blank and iI get an error saying "remote encoder could not be found"...
Is someone familiar with this problem? I really need help with it. I am looking for days now to find an answer in all kinds of forums, wiki, docs and manuals...
I live in the Netherlands, tv=PAL.

Hardware:
Asus Pundit with Celeron 2000 and 256 MB RAM. Seagate HD 80GB. Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350. TV-Out via SiS (works fine).

Software:
Fedora Core 1
MythTV 0.14 (apt-get ATRpm)
ivtv 0.19 (apt-get ATRpm)
Everything set up according to Jarod's guide (which I think is very well set up, thanks mr. Jarod)

If someone needs more information, tell me...
I will be forever thankfull to the one who can help me...

Greetings

Peter