[mythtv-users] IR Transmitter

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Apr 7 02:32:57 EDT 2004

The main difference?  Have you looked at the schematic for that link?
There are about 8 times as many components on that one.  Plus the fact
that the uirt2 uses a pic.  While the uirt2 will  have much greater
range, it will require much more effort to make it work.  If you want an
ir transmitter w/ greater range, an easier option would be to build this
circuit: http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html

Hope this helps!

-dan