[mythtv-users] TV-Out and Screen out with PVR 350 - XF86Config

Tom Lianza mythtv at lianza.org
Tue Apr 6 22:23:52 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I can successfully do the following thanks in large part to Jarod
Wilson's guide:
1) Use myth to watch TV on my desktop
2) Use myth to watch TV on my TV
3) Use myth on the desktop, but spit the TV content to the TV

What I'd really like to do is #1 and #2 at the same time though.  My
understanding is that this can all be achieved via the wonders of the
XF86Config file, but it's not working for me.  If anyone has a sample
config file that does this (runs X on the monitor *and* on the TV via
the 350 simultaneously) I would be very appreciative.  My current config
file looks like this:

http://lianza.org/XF86Config

If I comment out either the TV or the Monitor, everything works fine (on
  the other).  If I uncomment both, I get an error about not being able
to run in framebuffer mode and that I should specify the busID's.  I
think I did specify them, unless I screwed up.  They work fine alone,
just not together.

The relevant portions of the lspci -v command are here:

00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
	Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD
[Radeon 7200] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
	Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 7000/Radeon VE
	Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
	Memory at b8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
	I/O ports at b800 [size=256]
	Memory at cfe80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
	Expansion ROM at cfe60000 [disabled] [size=128K]
	Capabilities: [58] AGP version 2.0