[mythtv-users] IR Transmitter

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Apr 6 17:57:59 EDT 2004

FWIW I've just made the improved IR transmitter and the IR receiver and
they're both connected via one serial port.

I had to recompile lirc because it only seems to understand the devices
it's compiled for (which for KnoppMyth is the PVR350 one which I don't
think works on 2.6.4 yet)
It was pretty easy though.

I expect you need to do the same (recompile lirc)

I really don't think you need two instances - the idea is that lircd
controls multiple process access to /dev/lirc
In fact, if you have multiple processes accessing /dev/lirc, I think
lircd stops.

If I run 'mode2' (what kind of name is that!) to scan the IR traffic
then lircd dies.

David