[mythtv-users] Auto-shutdown and mythfilldatabse redux

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Apr 6 15:15:45 EDT 2004

I've mailed to the mailinglist about this before. Got some tips, but still
haven't got it working. In the 'result' on the 'system status' page in
mythfrontend says "FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512".

I can run mythfilldatabase successfully manually as root. I've tried adding it
to the cron.daily, first by symlinking, then by copying the file. When I do
this I get some error in /var/log/messages from cron about unable to mail.
How can I tell cron to say, mail me on my email adress via my ISPs SMTP
server? (there doesn't seem to be an entry for the SMTP server in crons
config files)

Also tried adding it to roots crontab, didn't help either.

I'm probably going to solve it by running a new 'unofficial' XMLTV grabber I
found in the background at boottime. But still I think there should be others
here, who have had the same problem before.

	Henk Poley <><