[mythtv-users] After install, no playback problem...

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Apr 6 08:50:55 EDT 2004

After following the Fedora Core guide to installing MythTV I have it
-almost- running. I'm having somer problems with the sound but that's
not really my main concern right now (I'm getting errors that it can't
open /dev/dsp, I'm using OSS, not Alsa, that's probably a good chunk of
my audio problem)

My main problem is that it seems to be recording video fine. If I go to
the guide and record something I see the file, when I go to playback a
recording I see the little preview and it works fine.

If I go to watch live TV or playback a recording I just get a black
screen, nothing.

This is the furthest I've gotten so far, after failed attempts with
KnoppMyth and debian on my old dual Celeron 550 (that I couldn't get
working at all) I went out and got me an Athlon XP 2000 and a KM2M
motherboard to start off right.

Thanks in advance..

-Travis