[mythtv-users] ME6000, Jarod FC1, PVR350, *DMA ERROR*

KMF katoom at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 6 08:10:20 EDT 2004

Howdy!

On 2004.04.06 02:17, bishop wrote:
> 1)
> It looks like my DMA error has followed me to my Via 600mhz box too.
> I think it was in live TV viewing.
>> ==> /var/log/messages <==
>> Apr  6 01:54:20 otnemem kernel: ivtv: DMA read error.
>> Result=0x00000002

   PVR-350? In any case, there has been recent work on this
 over on the ivtv-devel list:

     http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/current/threads.html

> 2) Don't hit FFWD or REWD while viewing recorded programs.  It
> advances the position and then locks.

  I experienced this problem on my EPIA system with some versions
 of the Ivtv driver but not with Matthias' 0.1.9a driver nor
 with the 0.1.10pre2 with Chris kennedy's patches 01-04.

> 3) Does commercial skip skip while viewing, or while recording?

  Commercial processing is done post recording, isn't it? I'm
 certain that on my KnoppMyth R4V2 (Myth 0.14) that commercials
 are detected after recording completes and on my V10K(1GHz) it
 uses about 30-35% CPU and takes around 1.5X time to complete.
 Did I misunderstand your question?  Perhaps this is a
 consequence of problem #2 listed above?

    Later!
--

    Kevin Flaherty