[mythtv-users] Jerky playback of some movies with two encoders running

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 6 01:26:05 EDT 2004

Using mythtv  cvs 1 week post .14 release.  I have two software
encoders: ATI Tv wonder and WinTV go.  I notice that when I have two
simultaneous recordings, the second recording ends up with a lot of
dropped frames.  I didn't have this problem in previous myth releases.
is the current release more cpu intensive? Will renicing the backend to
a higher priority help?  If so, what nice setting do you guys
recommend.  Can anybody else with a similar setup comment on the
settings they have for recording?

My system is detailed here:
http://cmisip.home.insightbb.com/mythtv.htm

Thank You very much