[mythtv-users] Jarrod's Guide for Debian?

Jim Southard mythtv at jgsouthard.com
Mon Apr 5 22:07:43 EDT 2004

Cecil Watson wrote:

 > Jim Southard wrote:
 >
 >> Is there something like Jarrod's great Fedora guide for for getting
MythTV running on Debian? I'd especially like to find a step-by-step
guide that explains the Matt Zimmerman deb's and how to get them set up
with IvyTV drivers and PVR-350 TV out.

 > How about KnoppMyth?! http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
 >
 > Cecil

I tried it, but it crashed repeatedly during install and I was never
able to complete install successfully.  I'm using a Silicon Image PCI
IDE ATA133 controller board, and although KnoppMyth recognized the card
and the hard drives with no problem, it seemed to get really confused
when trying to partition and format the drives. I tried both
auto-install and manually using cfdisk, but it never worked.