[mythtv-users] MythTV with PVR250 and 2.6 Kernel? Anythingdifferent from 2.4?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 5 17:31:34 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Apollo (Carmel Entertainment)" <lists at carmelme.com>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 3:33 PM

> I am still looking into using Mandrake 10 for my MythTV with one PVR250.
Is
> there anything different in the setup when using 2.6 kernel (stock
Mandrake 10
> kernel) compared to whatever 2.4 kernel?
>
> Thanks!

I didn't even attempt Mandrake's stock kernel.  I gave up their stock
kernels along time ago.  First thing I did was compile my own 2.6.4 kernel
(downloaded from kernel.org).  ivtv 0.1.9 needs to be patch for the 2.6.x
kernel.  I downloaded ivtv-0.1.9a from here http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/
I also discovered you don't use /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf anymore
but rather /etc/modprobe.preload (check there will be a bunch of
/etc/modprobe.* files).
I'm also having problems with lirc and 2.6 but that depends on which part of
lirc you use.  Some of their modules are ported over but not all of them.
I'm using the lirc_i2c with the IR receiver on the PVR-350 and it has some
issues right now.

Malcolm