[mythtv-users] sleep/wake with Jarod's guide

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Apr 5 13:02:13 EDT 2004

Op maandag 5 april 2004 17:53, schreef Myth:
> Does anyone have the sleep/wake function working on FC1 with Axel's
> custom kernel?
> The electric bill is killing the gaf.

I never found a good tutorial on the standby/hibernate functionality of the
Linux (2.6) kernel. Though I sometimes put my desktop on standby (= suspend
to RAM) via:

echo -n "standby" > /sys/power/state

Be shure to not have acpid configured to shutdown the machine when you press
the power button, since that key will still be in the buffer when your PC
wakes up...

My Myth box just sets the BIOS wake-up timer and shuts down the machine when
we exit the frontend, booting takes a little long (1:05 min.) but it's not
that annoying.

	Henk Poley <><