[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV & ATrpms, nvidia-graphics-devel, CVS rpms

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Mon Apr 5 12:30:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Please try to get it working with v4l2 (which is what differs the
> > > ATrpms' kernels from the standards ones). Perhaps the drivers for 2.6
> > > are more adequate. Or maybe there a v4l2 developement versions for the
> > > drivers available. If you have success in building drivers against
> > > ATrpms' kernels, please let me have your recipe! :)
> >
> > I tried a couple of times but the i2c differences seem to be a bit much to
> > overcome.
>
> If it is "only" i2c differences, then the folks at lm_sensors (the i2c
> maintainers) are very kind and usually provide fast and working
> solutions. I thought that it also had to do with v4l1 vs v4l2. Care to
> check upstream with the pcHDTV and lm_sensors developers?

I'm not sure on v4l1 vs v4l2...once I saw that all the inc_use and dec_use stuff
was missing in the i2c files I kinda stopped their and didnt' dig any deeper. I
think my wife would divorce me at this point if I did something to the myth box
to make it stop working :)

I have been talking with the pcHDTV guys a little about their drivers working in
KnoppMyth.  I was trying to go this route but kept having problems with
'modprobe bttv' locking up the box so I could never get the drivers to install
correctly.  They are supposed to be looking into it for me.

Daniel