[mythtv-users] lirc and Xine

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 10:07:08 EDT 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 12:17, malcolm wrote:
> [...]

The './configure' script may be looking for the LIRC headers and/or
library in a particular location, and when it doesn't find it there it
assumes you don't have LIRC on your system, and doesn't build in
support.  You man need to do something like:

export CFLAGS=-I<path-to-lirc-headers>
export LDFLAGS=-L<path-to-lirc-libraries>

("CFLAGS"  might be "CXXFLAGS" or "CPPFLAGS", depending on your system/
compiler)

then run ./configure and see what happens.

Also, you can examine config.log after running the ./configure script
and maybe see why (if) it's failing the test for LIRC...

-JAC