[mythtv-users] Putting spare CPU cycles to use

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 08:01:27 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----

Does anybody use their MythTV machine for distributed computing projects
(Seti, Prime95)? I see there is a Shutdown/Wakeup function, but have not
found any mention of people using Seti except to diagnose hardware stability
problems. I am considering attempting to build one of these. Thanks!

I currently run Seti on my IPcop firewall and it does not seem to have any
impact on performance on that box. Have not tried it on my myth box as I am
a bit concerned about heating issues with that processor running 100% all
the time.

I recently completed my 3000th unit for seti :) They let me download and
print a cheezy looking certificate for the event LOL.