[mythtv-users] nuv export.. maybe OT

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Apr 4 23:02:54 EDT 2004

Op zondag 4 april 2004 20:23, schreef Craig Tinson:
> > Why wouldn't it be efficient?  The nuv file is either a MPEG2/4 file or
> > a rtjpeg file it's not like it's raw uncompressed data.
>
> ok.. will rephrase.. in my situation is not very efficient.. when
> converting them to something like a xvid avi would take up a lot less
> drive space.. 700Mb instead of 2/3Gb makes more sense when I'm using
> smallish drives.. 60's and 120Gb drives..

Ehm, just in case, MythTV is recording real-time, so this means you can't do
all the compression tricks you can do when you have all the time in the world
and spawn of a transcoding process.

Ever seen those 'high quality' and '4MV' options in the recording profiles?
Ever switched it on and found out your machine can not cope? Those things are
switched on when transcoding to a divx or something.

Morale: a slow computer can do the same thing as a a fast computer, as long as
it can be given more time to do the task.

	Henk Poley <><