[mythtv-users] Giving up on Pundit tv out

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Apr 4 22:56:00 EDT 2004

Op zondag 4 april 2004 18:33, schreef Ijaaz A. Ullah:
> I've finally given up on using my Pundit svideo out to my tv.  I even went
> as far as purchasing a DVI cable and trying to use that (to no avail).  I'm
> going to switch to my 350's component cables.

Why? Most people say the Pundit S-Video out is one of the better ones. I think
my pundit's TV-out isn't crap either. In case your video is stuttering,
disable the preview video, or upgrade to MythTV 0.15 from CVS, the preview
video is playing in the background which breaks havoc with the full screen
playback.

> My system is currently a pundit with a 2.4 Celeron & 512mb of ram.  Is
> there anything I should be aware of before I make the switch?  Am I going
> to have problems watching vcd, divx, etc?

AFAIK The PVR-350 can only display MPEG2 streams.

	Henk Poley <><